“Bad Education”: Film Review Podcast

Posted: April 29th, 2020 | Filed under: Cinema, Film Reviews Podcast | 1 Comment »

It must be acknowledged that a tale of high school administrators embezzling money from a school system is not the most compelling or sexiest of topics.

To fashion an engaging movie from such a scenario takes serious craft.

Which director Cody Finley and writer Mike Makowsky have accomplished in the HBO Original, “Bad Education.”

Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney excellently portray the real life Frank Tassone and Pam Gluckin. Who a few decades ago were beloved by a Long Island school system, at the same time they were stealing millions of dollars from the system’s coffers.

They were outed by the high school newspaper.

“Bad Education” lays out the whole situation in an appealing way. Really good acting make that happen.

For more on this film, listen to the podcast below:

Audio MP3

One Comment on ““Bad Education”: Film Review Podcast”

1. 1 Smart Guy said at 12:48 pm on April 29th, 2020:

I’ve heard this attributed to Don Cheadle but I need to say it about Allison Janney: “Have you ever seen a bad Allison Janney movie?” It was an interesting movie but (and this is not the fault of the movie) I found it hard to believe that their malfeasance was not discovered in a routine audit, that Frank’s past was so poorly vetted and that Pam’s lifestyle went unnoticed. I guess it all just goes to if they’re gettin’ theirs, nobody cares. It also brought to light how a good school system will benefit so many in a community …realtors, lenders, retailers, tax collectors…except the teachers.